The Longman Student's Grammar of Spoken and Written English Paperback
Part of the Grammar Reference series
* Examines patterns of use in the news, fiction and academic English * Takes grammar and vocabulary together and looks at how they interact * Is based on the analysis of 40-million words of British and American, written and spoken corpus text * Uses over 3000 examples of real, corpus English to illustrate the points * Uses frequency tables and graphs to make the new findings of this grammar clear
- Format: Paperback
- Pages: 496 pages, black & white tables, figures
- Publisher: Pearson Education Limited
- Publication Date: 21/11/2002
- Category: Grammar, syntax
- ISBN: 9780582237261
Showing 1 - 1 of 1 reviews.
Review by signature103
Don't be fooled by the title. This work is a slimmed down version of the larger original. A thorough reference of English grammar. Based on corpus data this work is an invaluable text to have for second language students but more so for teachers. Easier to use than the big edition.