"Magnum" reporter Elliott Erwitt (born 1928) is a witty photographer with an eye that is not always optimistic, but is always stylish.
Sudden coincidences and chance encounters with objects and situations allow him to capture glimpses of the ridiculous or comical side of everyday events.
Dogs are his favourite subject, an affectionate metaphor for human frailities.
In this title, Erwitt's visual jokes become striking and pithy observations about life.
- Format: Paperback
- Pages: 144 pages, 74 illustrations
- Publisher: Thames & Hudson Ltd
- Publication Date: 02/04/2007
- Category: Individual artists, art monographs
- ISBN: 9780500410875
- Hardback from £17.45
- Other book format from £7.95