'It's lovely to live on a raft. We had the sky up there, all speckled with stars, and we used to lay on our backs and look up at them' Huck Finn spits, swears, smokes a pipe and never goes to school.
With his too-big clothes and battered straw hat, Huck is in need of 'civilising', and the Widow Douglas is determined to take him in hand. And wouldn't you know, Huck's no-good Pap is also after him and he locks Huck up in his cabin in the woods.
But Huck won't stand too much of this, and after a daring escape, he takes off down the Mississppi on a raft with an runaway slave called Jim.
But plenty of dangers wait for them along the river - will they survive and win their freedom?
BACKSTORY: Discover how to write secret messages in code, and learn about the extraordinary Mark Twain.
- Format: Paperback
- Pages: 512 pages, b/w chapter headings
- Publisher: Vintage Publishing
- Publication Date: 02/08/2012
- Category: Classic fiction (pre c 1945)
- ISBN: 9780099572978
- Paperback from £2.50
- Hardback from £5.09
- Leather / fine binding from £21.95
- eAudiobook MP3 from £6.40
- EPUB from £0.99
- Other book format from £12.45