The Eye : A Natural History Paperback
by Simon Ings
* We spend about one-tenth of our waking hours completely blind * Only one per cent of what we see is in focus at any one time * You don't need eyes to see - blind volunteers have been taught to see through their chests Through a spellbinding mix of scientific research, mathematics, philosophy, history, myth, anecdote and language theory, Simon Ings brilliantly unravels the never-ending puzzle of how and why we see in the way that we do.
With the help of a beguiling mix of illustrated visual conundrums and enigmas, Ings triumphs with a compelling dissection of the eye's age-old mysteries that is both seriously interesting and interestingly fun.
- Format: Paperback
- Pages: 336 pages, Illustrations (some col.), ports. (chiefly col.)
- Publisher: Bloomsbury Publishing PLC
- Publication Date: 21/01/2008
- Category: Popular medicine & health
- ISBN: 9780747592860
- Hardback from £13.49