Guy Mannering Paperback
Edited by Jane Milgate
Guy Mannering is an astrologer who only half-believes in his art. Instead he places his faith in patriarchal power, wealth and social position.
But the Scotland of this novel is a nation in which the old hierarchies are breaking down and Guy must learn the limits of the nabob's authority in a society in which each social group - from gypsies and smugglers, to Edinburgh lawyers, landowners and Border store farmers - lives by its own laws.
- Format: Paperback
- Pages: 512 pages, chronology, notes, glossary
- Publisher: Penguin Books Ltd
- Publication Date: 01/05/2003
- Category: Classic fiction (pre c 1945)
- ISBN: 9780140436570
- Hardback from £21.89
- Paperback from £12.59
- Paperback / softback from £12.85