The Backyard Astronomer's Guide Hardback
The modern classic, completely updated.The newest edition of The Backyard Astronomer's Guide includes the latest data and answers the questions most often asked by home astronomers, from beginners to experienced stargazers. Terence Dickinson and Alan Dyer provide expert guidance on the right types of telescopes and other equipment; photographing the stars through a telescope; and star charts, software and other references. They cover daytime and twilight observing, planetary and deep-sky observing, and much more. With over 500 color photographs and illustrations, The Backyard Astronomer's Guide is one of the most valuable, beautiful and user-friendly astronomy books ever produced. New and updated for this edition:
- A 20-page full-color Atlas of the Milky Way provides location and context for hundreds of celestial objects mentioned throughout the book.
- A chapter on Astrophotography with Digital Cameras specifies what equipment works best and how to use it to collect a color gallery of celestial portraits.
- Telescopes for Recreational Astronomy features assessments of a wide range of new telescopes, from models for beginners to those for veteran astronomy enthusiasts, with special emphasis on computerized telescopes and how they work.
- Accessory Catalog spotlights the best of the accessories and flags the frivolous and irrelevant.
- Three practical appendices Polar Aligning Your Telescope; Optics Cleaning and Collimation; Testing Your Telescope Optics.
- Format: Hardback
- Pages: 368 pages, 500 full colour photographs
- Publisher: Firefly Books Ltd
- Publication Date: 11/09/2008
- Category: Popular astronomy & space
- ISBN: 9781554073443