Collage, Stitch, Print : Collagraphy for Textile Artists Hardback
by VAL HOLMES
* Introducing the hottest technique for textile artists today: collagraphy, or printing from collage * Packed with hints, tips and exercises exploring how to harness this exciting technique in your own work * Illustrated with stunning examples of collagraphy by some of the world's finest textile artists Learn the secrets of one of textile art's most popular techniques: collagraphy.
This comprehensive guide from one of Europe's best-known textile artists and teachers contains everything you need to know about the exciting effects you can achieve using the almost endless permutations of collage, stitch and print, and how you can incorporate them into your own stitched-textile work.
Includes invaluable information on making a collagraphy plate using embroidery, choosing suitable surfaces for print, combining paper and fabric, embroidering onto prints, and how to work in series.
Illustrated throughout with the best examples of contemporary collagraphy in textile art, this book is a fascinating introduction to a technique that could become your latest textile-art passion.
- Format: Hardback
- Pages: 128 pages, 120 colour illustrations
- Publisher: Pavilion Books
- Publication Date: 16/08/2012
- Category: Needlework & fabric crafts
- ISBN: 9781849940146