This prize-winning work provides a facsimile of the 1609 Quarto printed in parallel with a conservatively edited, modernized text, as well as commentary that ranges from brief glosses to substantial critical essays.
Stephen Booth's notes help a modern reader toward the kind of understanding that Renaissance readers brought to the works.
- Format: Paperback
- Pages: 616 pages, facsimiles
- Publisher: Yale University Press
- Publication Date: 01/09/2000
- Category: Literary studies: c 1500 to c 1800
- ISBN: 9780300085068
- Paperback from £3.65
- Hardback from £3.99
- Paperback / softback from £4.99
- PDF from £53.99