Returns and exchanges
We want you to be completely happy with everything you buy from Hive. If you are not satisfied with something you have bought, simply return the item(s) within 30 days for a full refund.
We do not offer the option to exchange an item. A new order will need to be placed.
If you've changed your mind, you will need to pay the cost of return postage.
For a refund, the item(s) need to be returned:
- In their original condition; ideally in the original packaging
- To the correct returns address
- Within 30 days of the day you received them
- With a copy of the despatch note
- DVDs and music CDs must be returned with their holographic seal or shrink-wrap intact
- Any other item must be returned in new condition with its original packaging and accessories
- eBooks and eAudiobooks by their nature cannot be returned and once the download has started cannot be cancelled or refunded.
- You will need to pay return postage costs if you've changed your mind and simply don't want to keep the items received.
We recommend you use a registered mail service that includes insurance for your returns, as we can only give you a refund or exchange if we receive the items and all associated manuals, accessories etc. If the item is not returned in its original state (unused) we may not be able to issue a full refund. Please also ensure that you include details of your name, address and hive order number so that we can ensure that your return is processed as quickly as possible.
What you need to do:
Books, DVDs, music CDs, stationery and other items supplied directly by hive.co.uk
1. Make a copy of the order despatch note which came with your order, or make a note of the order number, your name, email address and delivery address. Tell us why you are returning the item(s), and whether you want a refund or a replacement.
2. Use the returns address sticker to address your item and put the note/copy of the order despatch note in with your package.
3. Post your item back to us:
PO Box 162
Returning a damaged or incorrect item
In the unlikely event that your order arrived damaged please accept our apologies. Please contact us as soon as possible and within fourteen days upon receipt of your order. Please do not return anything until you have received a response from the Customer Service team. We may ask you to provide:
- Images of the item depicting the damage caused
- The image(s) you send us must also include the packaging the item(s) arrived in including the delivery note. This enables us to process your claim as quickly as possible and helps us to identify areas where our services can be improved. We will make arrangements for the return of the damaged items and will issue a refund once the damaged or incorrect items have been received.
Similarly if you receive a faulty item containing printing faults or physical defects, please send us an image of the item so that we can ensure that a replacement/refund is processed for you. This also enables us to quality check our remaining stock.
Images should be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org
How you will be refunded
We will make the refund to the card that was used to pay for the original order. We are not able to make cash refunds. If the refund exceeds the amount originally paid, we may issue a credit voucher against future orders. We will issue the refund within 14 days of the return being received, though it can take up to 30 days to appear on your credit card statement. The cost of returning damaged or faulty items will be refunded to you, but this needs to be agreed in advance of return.
For more information on ordering items from hive.co.uk see our terms and conditions
You also have legal rights as a consumer. Find out more about your rights from Consumer Direct