Geographies of the Romantic North : Science, Antiquarianism, and Travel, 1790-1830 Hardback
by A. Byrne
Part of the Palgrave Studies in Cultural and Intellectual History series
This book examines British scientific and antiquarian travels in the "North," circa 1790-1830.
British perceptions, representations and imaginings of the North are considered part of late eighteenth- and early nineteenth-century processes of British self-fashioning as a Northern nation, and key in unifying the expanding North Atlantic empire.
- Format: Hardback
- Pages: 265 pages, XIV, 265 p.
- Publisher: Palgrave Macmillan
- Publication Date: 28/08/2013
- Category: British & Irish history
- ISBN: 9781137311313
- Paperback / softback from £48.25
- PDF from £67.58