Animals in the Classical World : Ethical Perspectives from Greek and Roman Texts Hardback
by A. Harden
Part of the The Palgrave Macmillan Animal Ethics Series series
This sourcebook presents nearly 200 specially-translated Greek and Roman texts from Homer to Plutarch, revealing the place of the animal in the moral consciousness of the Classical era.
Philosophical, historical, dramatic and poetic texts explore how animals were regarded in all aspects of ancient life, from philosophy to farming.
- Format: Hardback
- Pages: 222 pages, XII, 222 p.
- Publisher: Palgrave Macmillan
- Publication Date: 25/09/2013
- Category: Literary studies: classical, early & medieval
- ISBN: 9780230276611
- Paperback / softback from £53.25