The Death Penalty in Africa: Foundations and Future Prospects Hardback
by A. Novak
In recent years the death penalty has sharply declined across Africa, but this trend belies actual public opinion and the retributivist sentiments held by political elites.
This study explains capital punishment in Africa in terms of culturally specific notions of life and death as well as the colonial-era imposition of criminal and penal policy.
- Format: Hardback
- Pages: 122 pages, 2 Illustrations, black and white; VIII, 122 p. 2 illus.
- Publisher: Palgrave Macmillan
- Publication Date: 16/04/2014
- Category: Penology & punishment
- ISBN: 9781137438751
- PDF from £38.24
- Paperback / softback from £39.95