The Public Sphere : Liberal Modernity, Catholicism, Islam Paperback / softback
by A. Salvatore
Part of the Culture and Religion in International Relations series
This book explores conceptual and institutional developments of the notion of the public sphere in the West and in the Islamic world, tackling historic ruptures spanning the formation and transformation of the Euro-Mediterranean world.
Set against an imploding grammar of socio-political life, the modern liberal public sphere appears in a new light.
- Format: Paperback / softback
- Pages: 293 pages, X, 293 p.
- Publisher: Palgrave Macmillan
- Publication Date: 20/07/2010
- Category: Philosophy of religion
- ISBN: 9780230622319
- PDF from £20.39
- Hardback from £70.19
- Paperback / softback from £31.65