Byron and the Rhetoric of Italian Nationalism Hardback
by A. Schmidt
Part of the Nineteenth-Century Major Lives and Letters series
Making extensive use of untranslated texts, Arnold Schmidt discusses the impact of Byron's life and works on the discourse of Italian nationalism between 1818 and 1948, his participation in Grand Tour and salon culture, and his influence on Italian Classicists and Romantics.
- Format: Hardback
- Pages: 206 pages, XIV, 206 p.
- Publisher: Palgrave Macmillan
- Publication Date: 21/07/2010
- Category: Literary studies: c 1800 to c 1900
- ISBN: 9780230616004
- PDF from £54.40
- Paperback / softback from £56.65