The World's Cities : Contrasting Regional, National, and Global Perspectives Paperback / softback
Part of the The Metropolis and Modern Life series
The World's Cities offers instructors and students in higher education an accessible introduction to the three major perspectives influencing city-regions worldwide: City-Regions in a World System; Nested City-Regions; and The City-Region as the Engine of Economic Activity/Growth. The book provides students with helpful essays on each perspective, case studies to illustrate each major viewpoint, and discussion questions following each reading.
The World's Cities concludes with an original essay by the editor that helps students understand how an analysis incorporating a combination of theoretical perspectives and factors can provide a richer appreciation of the world's city dynamics.
- Format: Paperback / softback
- Pages: 424 pages, Follow Common Ground; 41 Line drawings, black and white; 2 Halftones, black and white; 44
- Publisher: Taylor & Francis Ltd
- Publication Date: 20/09/2012
- Category: Middle Eastern history
- ISBN: 9780415894869