The British Government and the Falkland Islands, 1974-79 Hardback
Part of the Security, Conflict and Cooperation in the Contemporary World series
Drawing on recently declassified government files, private papers and interviews, this book argues that through a combination of preventative diplomacy and robust defence planning, the Labour government of 1974-79 succeeded in maintaining peace, avoiding the fate of its Tory successors.
- Format: Hardback
- Pages: 270 pages, XIII, 270 p.
- Publisher: Palgrave Macmillan
- Publication Date: 02/05/2014
- Category: British & Irish history
- ISBN: 9781137432506
- Hardback from £52.05
- Paperback / softback from £53.79