Perineal and Anal Sphincter Trauma : Diagnosis and Clinical Management Paperback / softback
Edited by Abdul H. Sultan, Ranee Thakar, Dee E. Fenner
This book clarifies and explains perineal anatomy and the pathophysiology of anal incontinence as well as applied pharmacology.
It also institutes the new recommended classification of perineal tears, and describes anal sphincter repair techniques.
The emphasis is on correct post-operative management, management of pregnancy following previous anal sphincter injury, and prevention of anal sphincter tears.
The book will interest students, colorectal surgeons, physiotherapists, midwives, continence advisors, labour wards and lawyers.
- Format: Paperback / softback
- Pages: 196 pages, 19 Tables, black and white; 32 Illustrations, color; 50 Illustrations, black and white; X
- Publisher: Springer London Ltd
- Publication Date: 27/10/2008
- Category: Gastroenterology
- ISBN: 9781848009967