LGBTQ Youth in Foster Care : Empowering Approaches for an Inclusive System of Care Paperback / softback
Representing an often overlooked population in social work literature, this book explores the experiences of LGBTQ youth as they navigate the child welfare system.
Adam McCormick examines the entirety of a youth's experience, from referral into care and challenges to obtaining permanency to aging out or leaving care.
Included throughout the book are stories from LGBTQ youth that address personal issues such as abuse, bullying and harassment, and double standards.
Filled with resources to foster resilience and empower youth, this book is ideal for professionals who are hoping to create a more inclusive and affirming system of care for LGBTQ youth.
- Format: Paperback / softback
- Pages: 198 pages, 1 Line drawings, black and white; 7 Tables, black and white; 1 Illustrations, black and w
- Publisher: Taylor & Francis Ltd
- Publication Date: 13/06/2018
- Category: Gender studies: transsexuals & hermaphroditism
- ISBN: 9781138859517