Interpretation in Architecture : Design as Way of Thinking Paperback / softback
Drawing on cultural theory, phenomenology and concepts from Asian art and philosophy, this book reflects on the role of interpretation in the act of architectural creation, bringing an intellectual and scholarly dimension to real-world architectural design practice.
For practising architects as well as academic researchers, these essays consider interpretation from three theoretical standpoints or themes: play, edification and otherness.
Focusing on these, the book draws together strands of thought informed by the diverse reflections of hermeneutical scholarship, the uses of digital media and studio teaching and practice.
- Format: Paperback / softback
- Pages: 344 pages, 2 Line drawings, black and white; 70 Halftones, black and white
- Publisher: Taylor & Francis Ltd
- Publication Date: 01/12/2005
- Category: Theory of architecture
- ISBN: 9780415384490