Conrad's Eastern Vision : A Vain and Floating Appearance Hardback
This book traces the dialogic relation between Conrad's Eastern fiction and other histories, arguing that it is in the intersections of art and history that we locate Conrad's irony.
In a direct response to the visual culture of his times, Conrad sets up his fictional world as a hallucinated mirage stressing the veracity of his own Eastern vision.
- Format: Hardback
- Pages: 236 pages, X, 236 p.
- Publisher: Palgrave Macmillan
- Publication Date: 20/11/2008
- Category: Literary essays
- ISBN: 9780230545298
- Paperback / softback from £56.15