Ex-Cinema : From a Theory of Experimental Film and Video Hardback
What does it mean for film and video to be experimental?
In this collection of essays framed by the concept "ex-" - meaning from, outside, and no longer - Akira Mizuta Lippit explores the aesthetic, technical, and theoretical reverberations of avant-garde film and video. "Ex-Cinema" is a sustained reflection on the ways in which experimental media artists move outside the conventions of mainstream cinema and initiate a dialogue on the meaning of cinema itself.
- Format: Hardback
- Pages: 202 pages, 25 b-w photographs
- Publisher: University of California Press
- Publication Date: 06/11/2012
- Category: Film theory & criticism
- ISBN: 9780520274129
- Paperback / softback from £19.95