This book is a comprehensive guide to the diagnosis and treatment of medical disorders during pregnancy. Beginning with an overview of foetal growth, the following chapters discuss the management of numerous common and more complex disorders during pregnancy, from hypertension and skin problems, to diabetes, infectious diseases, sepsis, epilepsy, and thyroid dysfunction. Contributions from experts in the field explain disease processes, advanced diagnostic techniques and newer therapeutic methods.
A separate chapter discusses the technology and ethics surrounding umbilical cord blood transplantation and banking. Key pointsComprehensive guide to diagnosis and treatment of medical disorders during pregnancyCovers numerous common and more complex conditionsDiscusses ethics and technology of umbilical cord blood transplantation and bankingIncludes nearly 90 images, illustrations and tables
- Format: Paperback / softback
- Pages: 224 pages, 42 Tables, unspecified; 25 Halftones, unspecified; 21 Illustrations, unspecified
- Publisher: Jaypee Brothers Medical Publishers
- Publication Date: 30/11/2014
- Category: Gynaecology & obstetrics
- ISBN: 9789351524687