Football and National Identities in Spain : The Strange Death of Don Quixote Hardback
Part of the Global Culture and Sport Series series
This book investigates the use of football to create, shape and promote Spanish, Catalan and Basque national identities and explores the utilization of soccer to foster patriotic feelings, exposing the often dark vested interests behind the propagation of national narratives through soccer.
- Format: Hardback
- Pages: 246 pages, X, 246 p.
- Publisher: Palgrave Macmillan
- Publication Date: 25/10/2013
- Category: European history
- ISBN: 9780230355408
- Paperback / softback from £56.15