The Fragmentation of Yugoslavia : Nationalism and War in the Balkans Paperback / softback
War - World War I - created the state of Yugoslavia in 1918 and, in a series of wars, starting in 1991, Yugoslavia was replaced by several new and smaller states.
The victors had always presented these wars as wars of national liberation: each war was fought for the sacred cause of national liberty.
The book traces the origins of ideologies, appealing to the cause of national liberty, and outlines their use in the creation of new states and new political regimes in the Balkans.
- Format: Paperback / softback
- Pages: 243 pages, XIII, 243 p.
- Publisher: Palgrave Macmillan
- Publication Date: 11/07/2000
- Category: European history
- ISBN: 9780333912485
- Paperback / softback from £34.05