Egypt Paperback / softback
Part of the Dictionaries of Civilization series
This beautifully-designed pocket reference - more a compact encyclopedia than a dictionary - presents ancient Egypt in stunningly-produced photographs and concise textual descriptions of Egyptian art, culture, and government.
Not merely a travel guide, this handy and easy-to-use guide provides an overall view of the civilization as a whole, including a fascinating section on the history of Egyptology, the invasions and excavations, and a section on where the artifacts can be seen today.
This is a must-have addition to the library of anyone interested in ancient Egypt, and a necessary companion for the traveler.
- Format: Paperback / softback
- Pages: 384 pages, 320 color illustrations, 17 b-w photographs, 17 line illustrations, 2 maps
- Publisher: University of California Press
- Publication Date: 13/05/2008
- Category: Reference works
- ISBN: 9780520256484