The Making of Modern Romanian Culture : Literacy and the Development of National Identity Paperback / softback
How do literacy and the development of literary culture promote the development of a national identity?
This well-researched and readable book explores the rise of Romanian-language literary, educational and printing institutions in the eighteenth and nineteenth centuries, bringing out a story that has not been fully explored in English.
He builds on and engages with current knowledge about print culture, modernization, national identity and state formation, to make an original contribution to ongoing debates in these areas.
- Format: Paperback / softback
- Pages: 248 pages, black & white illustrations, black & white tables, graphs
- Publisher: I.B.Tauris & Co. Ltd.
- Publication Date: 30/11/2012
- Category: European history
- ISBN: 9781780760384
- PDF from £8.99