Rest : Why You Get More Done When You Work Less Paperback / softback
* WITH INTRODUCTION BY ARIANNA HUFFINGTON - BESTSELLING AUTHOR AND FOUNDER OF THE HUFFINGTON POST AND THRIVE* Ten proven methods for resting that will radically improve your life'An incredibly timely read for my own increasingly rest-starved life.
This might be the book to finally persuade us that downtime isn't in conflict with good work; rather, it's an essential ingredient of it'Oliver Burkeman, GuardianFor most of us, overwork is the new normal.
Resting means late-night TV binges or hours spent surfing social media.
We never truly take the time to rest and recharge. In this revelatory book, Silicon Valley consultant Alex Soojung-Kim Pang offers the antidote to becoming more productive and fulfilled in every aspect of our lives, and shows us that in order to actually get more done we need to work less and relax more. Whether through taking daily naps, as Winston Churchill did during the Second World War, spending a week alone in a cabin like Bill Gates, or simply walking, 'deliberate rest' as Pang calls it is the key to getting more done and working better. Drawing on emerging neuroscience, Rest is packed full of tips for upping our downtime - from sleep to hobbies to holidays.
It's time to make a change to the way we work, rest and play. Take a break and read Rest: you'll make smarter decisions, have better relationships, and be happier and more creative.
James Wallman, author of 'Stuffocation'
- Format: Paperback / softback
- Pages: 336 pages
- Publisher: Penguin Books Ltd
- Publication Date: 14/06/2018
- Category: Advice on careers & achieving success
- ISBN: 9780241217290
- EPUB from £5.99
- eAudiobook MP3 from £8.00