A Summer in Skye Paperback / softback
Illustrated by Alexander Strahan
In 1864 the poet, essayist, and novelist Alexander Smith spent six weeks exploring the island of Skye, resulting in a book that is widely regarded as his masterpiece.
Perceptive and insightful, this new edition provides Smith's detailed accounts of the islanders at work and play, their customs, folklore, and the incidental details of everyday living.
Vivid and magnificent descriptions of island culture shape this classic memoir of 19th-century Skye.
- Format: Paperback / softback
- Pages: 208 pages, b&w illustrations
- Publisher: Birlinn General
- Publication Date: 10/01/1998
- Category: Poetry by individual poets
- ISBN: 9781874744382
- Hardback from £27.25