Philosophy of the Ancient Maya : Lords of Time Paperback / softback
Part of the Studies in Comparative Philosophy and Religion series
This book investigates some of the central topics of metaphysics in the philosophical thought of the Maya people of Mesoamerica, particularly from the Preclassic through Postclassic periods.
This book covers the topics of time, change, identity, and truth, through comparative investigation integrating Maya texts and practices-such as Classic Period stelae, Postclassic Codices, and Colonial-era texts such as the Popol Vuh and the books of Chilam Balam-and early Chinese philosophy.
- Format: Paperback / softback
- Pages: 238 pages, 21 Halftones, black and white
- Publisher: Lexington Books
- Publication Date: 19/06/2019
- Category: Western philosophy: Ancient, to c 500
- ISBN: 9781498531405
- Hardback from £55.65
- EPUB from £81.00