Shakespeare, Dissent and the Cold War Hardback
Part of the Palgrave Shakespeare Studies series
Shakespeare, Dissent and the Cold War is the first book to read Shakespeare's drama through the lens of Cold War politics.
The book uses the Cold War experience of dissenting artists in theatre and film to highlight the coded religio-political subtexts in Hamlet, King Lear, Macbeth and The Winter's Tale.
- Format: Hardback
- Pages: 265 pages, X, 265 p.
- Publisher: Palgrave Macmillan
- Publication Date: 22/08/2014
- Category: Literary studies: c 1500 to c 1800
- ISBN: 9781137438942
- Paperback / softback from £45.85