Afterlife and Narrative in Contemporary Fiction Hardback
Afterlife and Narrative explores why life after death is such a potent cultural concept today, and why it is such an attractive prospect for modern fiction.
The book mines a rich vein of imagined afterlives, from the temporal experiments of Martin Amis's Time's Arrow to narration from heaven in Alice Sebold's The Lovely Bones .
- Format: Hardback
- Pages: 228 pages, VI, 228 p.
- Publisher: Palgrave Macmillan
- Publication Date: 06/07/2012
- Category: Literary studies: from c 1900 -
- ISBN: 9780230364240
- PDF from £47.59
- Paperback / softback from £49.85