Port Cities and Global Legacies : Urban Identity, Waterfront Work, and Radicalism Hardback
by Alice Mah
Port cities have distinctive global dynamics, with long histories of casual labour, large migrant communities, and international trade networks.
This in-depth comparative study examines contradictory global legacies across themes of urban identity, waterfront work and radicalism in key post-industrial port cities worldwide.
- Format: Hardback
- Pages: 248 pages, VII, 248 p.
- Publisher: Palgrave Macmillan
- Publication Date: 24/09/2014
- Category: Social & cultural history
- ISBN: 9781137283139
- Paperback / softback from £48.15