Forging the World : Strategic Narratives and International Relations Paperback / softback
Forging the World brings together leading scholars in International Relations (IR) and Communication Studies to investigate how, when, and why strategic narratives shape the structure, politics, and policies of the global system.
Put simply, strategic narratives are tools that political actors employ to promote their interests, values, and aspirations for the international order by managing expectations and altering the discursive environment.
These narratives define "who we are" and "what kind of world order we want."
- Format: Paperback / softback
- Pages: 352 pages, 7 tables, 6 figures
- Publisher: The University of Michigan Press
- Publication Date: 28/02/2018
- Category: Communication studies
- ISBN: 9780472037049