Making the American Mouth : Dentists and Public Health in the Twentieth Century Paperback / softback
Making the American Mouth is at once a history of United States dentistry and a study of a billion-dollar industry.
Alyssa Picard chronicles the forces that limited Americans' access to dental care in the early twentieth century and the ways dentists worked to expand that access--and improve the public image of their profession.
- Format: Paperback / softback
- Pages: 242 pages, 9 illustrations
- Publisher: Rutgers University Press
- Publication Date: 15/01/2013
- Category: Public health & preventive medicine
- ISBN: 9780813561615