Imagining Arab Womanhood : The Cultural Mythology of Veils, Harems, and Belly Dancers in the U.S. Paperback / softback
A fascinating demonstration of how U.S. representations of veils, harems, and belly dancers have operated as nostalgic and exotic symbols to help rationalize dominant U.S. narratives about power and progress.
- Format: Paperback / softback
- Pages: 236 pages, 14 Illustrations, black and white; XIII, 236 p. 14 illus.
- Publisher: Palgrave Macmillan
- Publication Date: 25/11/2010
- Category: Islam
- ISBN: 9780230103306
- Hardback from £61.05
- Paperback / softback from £36.25