Styles, Schools and Movements : The Essential Encyclopaedic Guide to Modern Art Paperback / softback
by Amy Dempsey
Styles, Schools and Movements is the bestselling guide to the major modern developments in Western painting, sculpture, architecture and design.
This new edition includes three new chapters on Art Photography, Destination Art and Design Art as well as thorough updates and revisions throughout.
A foldout timeline shows at a glance how the evolution of art corresponds with historical events, providing a thorough overview of the whole period.
Listings of major international collections and carefully selected suggestions for further reading are given for all the main entries, and the comprehensive index features over 1,000 artists, architects, designers, impresarios, critics, collectors and champions of modern art.
- Format: Paperback / softback
- Pages: 312 pages, 107 Illustrations, black and white; 165 Illustrations, color
- Publisher: Thames & Hudson Ltd
- Publication Date: 01/08/2010
- Category: History of art & design styles: from c 1900 -
- ISBN: 9780500288443