Animality and Children's Literature and Film Hardback
by Amy Ratelle
Part of the Critical Approaches to Children's Literature series
Examining culturally significant works of children's culture through a posthumanist, or animality studies lens, Animality and Children's Literature and Film argues that Western philosophy's objective to establish a notion of an exclusively human subjectivity is continually countered in the very texts that ostensibly work to this end.
- Format: Hardback
- Pages: 171 pages, VIII, 171 p.
- Publisher: Palgrave Macmillan
- Publication Date: 27/11/2014
- Category: Children's literature studies: general
- ISBN: 9781137373151
- Paperback / softback from £42.69