The Gold Standard Peripheries : Monetary Policy, Adjustment and Flexibility in a Global Setting Hardback
Part of the Palgrave Macmillan Studies in Banking and Financial Institutions series
The remarkably successful gold standard before 1914 was the first international monetary regime.
This book addresses the experience of the gold standard peripheries; i.e. regime takers with limited influence on the regime. How did small countries adjust to an international monetary regime with seemingly little room for policy autonomy?
- Format: Hardback
- Pages: 265 pages, XVIII, 265 p.
- Publisher: Palgrave Macmillan
- Publication Date: 16/12/2011
- Category: Monetary economics
- ISBN: 9780230343177
- Paperback / softback from £59.35