The Concept of Literary Application : Readers' Analogies from Text to Life Hardback
Application is the process in which readers of literature focus on elements in a text and compare them with the outside world as they know it - an operation with cognitive and emotional consequences.
This book demonstrates how and why this simple yet neglected mechanism is of profound importance for the understanding of literary art and experience.
- Format: Hardback
- Pages: 250 pages, VIII, 250 p.
- Publisher: Palgrave Macmillan
- Publication Date: 18/09/2012
- Category: Literary theory
- ISBN: 9781137035417
- PDF from £50.99
- Paperback / softback from £46.65