Baggy Pants Comedy : Burlesque and the Oral Tradition Hardback
by Andrew Davis
Part of the Palgrave Studies in Theatre and Performance History series
The first full-length study of comedy on the burlesque stage, this book takes the reader inside the burlesque houses of the 1930s, looks at the role comedy played in an entertainment form known mostly for striptease, and explores how these sketch performers approached their craft.
- Format: Hardback
- Pages: 288 pages, XIII, 288 p.
- Publisher: Palgrave Macmillan
- Publication Date: 03/11/2011
- Category: Variety shows, music hall, cabaret
- ISBN: 9780230116795
- Paperback / softback from £28.35