Finance, Politics, and Imperialism : Australia, Canada, and the City of London, c.1896-1914 Hardback
Part of the Cambridge Imperial and Post-Colonial Studies Series series
Andrew Dilley offers a major new study of financial dependence, examining the connections this dependence forged between the City and political life in Edwardian Australia and Canada, mediated by ideas of political economy.
In doing so he reconstructs the occasionally imperialistic politic of finance which pervaded the British World at this time.
- Format: Hardback
- Pages: 258 pages, XIX, 258 p.
- Publisher: Palgrave Macmillan
- Publication Date: 25/11/2011
- Category: Modern history to 20th century: c 1700 to c 1900
- ISBN: 9780230222038
- Paperback / softback from £53.79