This book builds on the guidance given by the Primary Strategy for Literacy. By 'filling in the gaps' that the planning documentation leaves, the book provides teachers with the structures and ideas to plan creatively and effectively for their children whilst following and enhancing the recommendations of the strategy. It includes:
- clear and practical ways to plan units of work that embrace reading, writing, speaking and listening, in exciting and active ways
- examples of effective practice using children's work that highlight the effects of creative planning
- suggestions for texts and resources that can be included in half-termly and termly planning.
Written by a team of leading educationalists and teacher educators in the primary literacy field, this edited collection is a must-have for primary teachers wishing to inject creativity into the planning of their literacy lessons.
- Format: EPUB
- Pages: 192 pages
- Publisher: Taylor and Francis
- Publication Date: 13/05/2013
- Category: Society & social sciences
- ISBN: 9781136607417
- Paperback / softback from £24.99
- Hardback from £98.55
- PDF from £22.20