In the Blink of an Eye : How Vision Kick-Started the Big Bang of Evolution Paperback / softback
The Cambrian explosion is the 'big bang' of evolution - a period of less than five million years during which life on Earth rapidly developed both armaments and defences.
Animals suddenly became both hunters and the hunted, and the number of animal groups with hard body parts mushroomed from three to 38.
But why did the explosion happen when it did? Ground-breaking and accessible, Andrew Parker's In the Blink of an Eye unravels the evidence demonstrating that this was the period when the eye evolved, leading to an evolutionary scramble for survival.
- Format: Paperback / softback
- Pages: 352 pages, 52 black and white illustrations and 17 colour photos
- Publisher: The Natural History Museum
- Publication Date: 02/06/2016
- Category: Popular science
- ISBN: 9780565094003