Loos 1915 : The Northern Battle and Hohenzollern Redoubt Paperback / softback
Part of the Battleground Europe series
In September 1915 Kitcherner's men were in action for the first time in the largest offensive of the year. Using gas, British troops managed to open a three mile gap in the German line. However, misuse of the reserves allowed the chance of success to pass by. In the following struggle for Hohenzollern Redboubt, the British were defeated time after time by superior weapons and tactics. For the first time visitors will be able to explore this key battle, a battle that cost the BEF over 50,000 casualties.
- Format: Paperback / softback
- Pages: 176 pages, Illustrations, maps, ports.
- Publisher: Pen & Sword Books Ltd
- Publication Date: 06/06/2002
- Category: True war & combat stories
- ISBN: 9780850529036