The Wisest Things Ever Said About Chess : With over 250 annotated positions Paperback / softback
* 'The best opening is the opening your opponent doesn't know.' * 'The winner of the game is the player who makes the next-to-last mistake.' This fascinating book contains 300 of the most astute insights on chess ever uttered, culled from three centuries of great players.
Each of these invaluable maxims is illustrated with an annotated chess position, making the book a short cut to learning from the masters.
These snippets of wisdom are arranged into chapters for easy reference: Calculation, Intuition, Strategy, Position Evaluation, Openings, Sacrifices, Attitude, Endgames, Mistakes, Studying, Time Management and Tournament Tactics.
This is a great book to dip in and out of - every page contains a nugget of wisdom that will help you hone your own chess skills and win your next game.
- Format: Paperback / softback
- Pages: 304 pages, 300 chess diagrams
- Publisher: Pavilion Books
- Publication Date: 01/09/2008
- Category: Chess
- ISBN: 9781906388003
- EPUB from £6.25