Becoming New York's Finest : Race, Gender, and the Integration of the NYPD, 1935-1980 Hardback
After excluding women and African Americans from its ranks for most of its history, the New York City Police Department undertook an aggressive campaign of integration following World War II.
This is the first comprehensive account of how and why the NYPD came to see integration as a highly coveted political tool, indispensable to policing.
- Format: Hardback
- Pages: 279 pages, XX, 279 p.
- Publisher: Palgrave Macmillan
- Publication Date: 03/10/2013
- Category: History of the Americas
- ISBN: 9781137321930
- Paperback / softback from £48.25