In 1814, after two successive years of defeat in Russia and central Europe, Napoleon was faced with the ultimate disaster - an Allied invasion of France itself.
The conduct of the intense, fast-moving campaign that followed has been widely hailed as one of his greatest feats as a commander, yet it has rarely been described fully and objectively. Andrew Uffindell, in this gripping and original study, reconstructs the campaign, reassesses Napoleon's military leadership and provides a masterly account of a campaign that helped shape modern Europe.
- Format: Hardback
- Pages: 224 pages, 30 Illustrations
- Publisher: Pen & Sword Books Ltd
- Publication Date: 16/07/2009
- Category: European history
- ISBN: 9781844159222
- Paperback / softback from £12.49