Is Sophie Fevvers, toast of Europe's capitals, part swan...or all fake?Courted by the Prince of Wales and painted by Toulouse-Lautrec, she is an aerialiste extraordinaire and star of Colonel Kearney's circus.
She is also part woman, part swan. Jack Walser, an American journalist, is on a quest to discover the truth behind her identity.
Dazzled by his love for her, and desperate for the scoop of a lifetime, Walser has no choice but to join the circus on its magical tour through turn-of-the-nineteenth-century London, St Petersburg and Siberia.
- Format: Paperback / softback
- Pages: 368 pages
- Publisher: Vintage Publishing
- Publication Date: 29/09/1994
- Category: Modern & contemporary fiction (post c 1945)
- ISBN: 9780099388616
- EPUB from £4.99
- Paperback / softback from £8.49