162 clear color photos and lively instructions teach readers to create imaginative and colorful Christmas ornaments made from hard-shelled, miniature gourds.
The designs include birdhouses, snowmen, angels, tree balls, double tree balls, tree toppers, and wall hangings.
Step-by-step instructions proceed from initial gourd cleaning to final painting, wood burning, and the installation of hangers.
Simple tools are required to complete the projects. Advice for growing gourds and a gallery of finished ornaments are provided to fire the reader's imagination to create beautiful handcrafted objects.
- Format: Paperback / softback
- Pages: 64 pages, 162 color photos
- Publisher: Schiffer Publishing Ltd
- Publication Date: 02/09/2007
- Category: Handicrafts, decorative arts & crafts
- ISBN: 9780764327162