Pro Java 7 NIO.2 addresses the three primary elements that offer new input/output (I/O) APIs in Java 7, giving you the skills to write robust, scalable Java applications:An extensive file I/O API system addresses feature requests that developers have sought since the inception of the JDK A socket channel API addresses multicasting, socket binding associated with channels, and related issues An asynchronous I/O API enables mapping to I/O facilities, completion ports, and various I/O event port mechanisms to enhance scalability NIO.2 for the Java platform, known as JSR 203, is a major feature of the new Java JDK 7 under the leadership of Alan Bateman as an OpenJDK project.
Take advantage of these exciting new developments with Pro Java 7 NIO.2.
- Format: Paperback / softback
- Pages: 296 pages, XVIII, 296 p.
- Publisher: Springer-Verlag Berlin and Heidelberg GmbH & Co. K
- Publication Date: 21/12/2011
- Category: Object-oriented programming (OOP)
- ISBN: 9781430240112
- PDF from £34.00